We’re looking for that self-motivated, problem solving individual with critical thinking skills. Someone who thinks on the go, is organized, and possesses outstanding people skills. We want a shining addition to our operations team. As such, your mission is to provide complete on-site project supervision ensuring the project is constructed in accordance with the project documents (plans and specifications), within budget and on-time. You’ll work as a part of a cohesive team including your Project Manager, Project Engineer, and our Director of Environmental Health & Safety. You’ll come to realize we are your people. You’ll share your ideas, your experiences, and we’ll share ours. We’ll work together to blend the new and the old. Every day, your thoughts will revolve around the best interest of our clients - how we treat our clients is what feeds our vision.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Participate in developing and/or maintaining positive working relationship with entire project team, specifically our client, architect, engineer, and building officials.
- Scheduling – create, maintain, update.
- Secure all project required permits and permit inspections.
- Prepare daily, detailed construction reports (DCR’s).
- Adherence to EHS policies and procedures and safety program requirements.
- Resolve or assist with union and jurisdictional disputes.
- Monthly review of subcontractor invoices, general conditions.
- Maintain complete as-built drawings.
- Coordinate testing with outside agencies.
- Initiate and complete punch list process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- 5+ Years as commercial construction superintendent with general contractor or construction management firm preferred.
- Happiness. Willingness. Positivity. And, as previously mentioned, outstanding people skills.