Josephine F. Ford Sculpture Garden: This 2005 addition created a central gathering place for the CCS community. There are 10 Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA) works of art in the garden located just east of the DIA on John R street and Kirby. The two-acre sculpture garden is a joint project of the DIA and CCS. In addition to the DIA sculptures, the two-acre garden features an elliptical walk that connects to five of the college’s buildings, a series of benches along the walk, and a variety of maple and pear trees, rose and juniper shrubs and other permanent plantings.
Yamasaki Building: Our team performed work on the original 1957 building known as the “Yamasaki Building” after its famed designer, Minoru Yamasaki. The facility houses the college’s registration, financial aid and academic affairs offices, and is heavily utilized by faculty and students on a daily basis.
This project included the replacement of the entire glass curtain wall, as well as the roof and skylight systems. The mechanical and electrical systems received full upgrades and an elevator was installed. This project was completed while the facility remained operational and open to faculty, student, and visitors.